Personal computer support for small business and home users.
Simon is a technical professional with 10 years of experience providing PC/MAC and Client/Server tech support for small to medium sized businesses. He has extensive experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues with hardware maintenance, installations and upgrades. He is skilled in providing end user help desk support and can identify and resolve technical issues and concerns.
Support and services can be performed over the telephone, via remote desktop or on-site at your business/home.
Rates are $70 per hour (charged in 15 minute blocks) with a minimum of one hour. A fixed fee can be quoted for larger jobs.
- Advice on the purchase of new computer or equipment
- Setup of a new computer and installation of software
- Connecting and configuring internet access
- Setting up Local Area Networks (LAN), wired and wireless
- Setting up printers, tablets, smartphones
- Fixing software and hardware issues
- Email and internet access connectivity problems
- Remove virus, spyware and malware
- And much more!
- General computer usage
- Email access, sending and receiving emails
- Making and receiving calls via Skype
- Smartphone usage, app purchases
- Backing up important files/data
- Help registering domain names
- Setting up hosting accounts for websites and domains
- Installing WordPress for use as a blog or website
- Creating custom themes (the look of the site) for use in WordPress
What other people say
Simon recently helped me set up my website. He was able to Setup WordPress with my existing web host, setup backup and security plugins. He installed my chosen WordPress theme and created blank pages for me to customise myself, as I had requested. Simon spoke in easy to understand language (no technical jargon) and was prompt answering questions and completing the scope of works even though it was the busy end of the year. Thank you Simon for getting this website up and running! – Julie – Ashburton VIC. Owner and Founder of Space & Time
Simon researched and helped me purchase the best computer that suited my requirements for editing photos for my photography business and also worked to my budget. He transferred all my information (photos, lightroom catalog, emails) across from the old machine to the new one.
Simon was thoughtful, an excellent problem solver and great at explaining the process. He was patient with excellent listening skills. – Mara – Blampied VIC. Photographer and Gardener
Simon has helped Acoustic Directions on numerous occasions, with both web design and general IT issues. Recently, he converted our web site from Drupal (very hard to self-edit) to WordPress (much easier for us to edit).
Simon was simply excellent in this process. His work is skilled, timely, and pro-active, and nothing was too much trouble. And he is very quick with lots of support. His assistance has proved to be of great value to us and we are indebted to him. – Glenn – Petersham NSW. Principal at Acoustic Directions
Being a member of the older generation, I was resistant to using technology as it scared me, but I knew I really should get an e-mail account. Simon helped me set up an e-mail account and showed me how to use it. He patiently spent the time going over the basics until I was confident using the email system. He also showed me how to navigate around the web and use Google to find information that I was looking for. Simon always made me feel comfortable to ask questions and never minded going over things a couple of times if needed. – Diane – Buninyong VIC